Monday, January 25, 2010

What makes a photographer a "PHOTOGRAPHER"?

First, let me define photography based on the best definition on the Internet. The word photography originated from two Greek words, "phos" (light) & "graphis" (drawing or drawing with light). This is actually the name of my blog "PhosGraphis".

Now, what makes a photographer a "PHOTOGRAPHER"?

Is it a camera factor??? *NO!*

Actually, camera can be factor on the results! BUT!! skills!! comprises 90%(in my own opinion!) on photography essentials!! hahaha.

In my own perspective, someone can be called a photographer if he can take a picture of what he want to achieve! (it's kinda ambguous but thats my opinion!) (lmao)

So, what makes a photographer a "PHOTOGRAPHER"?? *gimme your opinion!!*

These are some of my shots! :) **just click to view the full resolution











3 comments:

  1. I strongly agree with you Holo. Its not with the camera or whatsoever but the SKILLS. I know few people who are good I can say, like my friend DELBETH ALAGAR. You can see her pictures that she took and she wasn't using a professional camera. She's just brilliantly good at it. It comes out by passion and blooms all the way. Same with my other friend KRISHA PALA. They're all my facebook friends. They were also part of a camera club in our school before called the SNAP CLUB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it should be about 70% skills and 30% camera. Because even though you're really good but if you have a crappy camera then it won't be as good as when you use a good one. Or maybe you could use a picture editor to make it look better. Heheheheh..

    *wla lge nmo gi apil tong pics sa imng models jol?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i'l post it later. :) thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete